MELT Ice - SALT FREE - Pet & Plant SAFE - for Drives, Patios & Paths - WILL NOT Damage Sealer- FREE DELIVERY**
Ask Us A Question
RAPID THAW - Eco-friendly De-icer for Driveways, Patios & Paths.
***Safe for Pets and Plants***
Keeping driveways, patios and paths free from ice can be a big problem in the winter months. Even using traditional ice clearing methods such as rock salt only works for a short period. Effective de-icing of a driveway or path is essential so they are safe to walk on during very cold periods. Available in 5kg, 10kg and 20kg tubs.
Composed of a combination of 3 chlorides - sodium, calcium and magnesium - it is effective at temperatures as low as -18°C. The 6mm granule spreads easily and works quickly to remove ice as well as preventing freezing. The de-icing effect last up to 12 hours, so twice daily applications will maintain roads, car parks and walkways in passable condition.
The granules contain corrosion inhibitors that reduce metal and concrete erosion by up to 80% compared with standard rock salt. Fast acting, durable and effective at temperatures as low as -18°C. Recommended for any more sensitive installations.
Melting snow and ice on driveways, paths and patios has been a problem for many years but there is now an eco-friendly solution far more effective than rock salt. Smartseal now offers a faster, cleaner and more environmentally friendly de-icing solution for driveways, patios and any other hard standing surfaces. Rapid Thaw is the efficient, effective de-icing alternative to rock salt that leaves no dirty, messy residue and clears snow and ice quickly. The mucky residue from rock salt that is easily walked into homes and commercial premises, can cause unwanted dirty marks, staining and damage to carpets and flooring.
The product starts working immediately after encountering ice, frost or snow, Rapid Thaw's unique formulation generates heat, that quickly melts snow and ice instantly reducing the risk of slipping or falling on icy surfaces. Rapid Thaw can be used on many external ice covered surfaces and most frequently as a driveway de-icer, path de-icer as well as a decking de-icer.
Rapid Thaw is simple to apply and works at far lower temperatures than other de-icers such as rock salt. Importantly, unlike salt or grit, if applied to a sealed surface such as a drive or patio, Rapid Thaw will not damage, erode or reduce the sealers lifespan. In complete contrast to rock salt, it will not damage concrete based surfaces or paving.
- Rapid, non-corrosive de-icer for driveways, paths and patios of any type including block paving, imprinted concrete, Tarmac or natural stone
- Our unique formulation generates heat, quickly melting snow and ice
- Average coverage: 6 - 8 m² per kg
- If applied to a sealed surface such as a drive or patio, will not damage, erode or reduce the sealers lifespan
- Safe to use on Tarmac without risk of damaging the Tarmac or asphalt.
- Pet-friendly alternative to rock salt
An eco-friendly de-icing solution for ice and snow. The granular de-icer has been proven to be 3 times faster than rock salt and 80% less corrosive to metal & concrete. Rapid Thaw is ideal for clearing snow and ice from paths, ramps, driveways, yards, airports, loading bays, steps and much more. This de-icer will work in temperatures down to -18°C and will continue to work for up to 12 hours.
- Eco-friendly granular de-icer
- Suitable for use on driveways, paths, steps, etc.
- Works straight away and effective up to 12 hours
- Melts ice 3 x times faster than rock salt
- 80% less corrosive than rock salt
- Works in temperatures of -18°C
This product is subject to specific safety warnings:
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Avoid contact with skin
- Do not breathe dust