Tarmac Sealer & Tarmac Restorer
In technical terms tarmac is the 'glue' that holds the material together. This 'glue' is then mixed with aggregate and pigment to create a form of bituminous concrete. The newly laid tarmac will then cool and harden to form a solid surface.
The two main factors in the deterioration of tarmac on driveways are UV light and water. Smartseal tarmac restorer can help repair and protect against these potential problems.
Over the period of a few years the tarmac's constant exposure to UV light and water will cause the materials colour to change from black to dull grey. It will then start to crack as the tarmac effectively 'dries out' from the effects of the sun.
The application of Smartseal tarmac restorer re-introduces the original polymers, re-colours the tarmac and creates a protective barrier against UV light and water. The tarmac restorer will also protect against oil stains, petrol, diesel and other chemicals.
Smartseal tarmac restorer will dramatically enhance the appearence of existing Tarmac. It also represents a cost effective alternative to complete replacement of a driveway. It is a effective and hardwearing alternative to Tarmac paint and is a excellent Tarmac sealer
Product Benefits Include
- Water based, environmentally friendly product.
- Hides previous tarmac repairs/ extended areas.
- Gives a uniform coloured surface.
- Durable and long lasting
- Can be recoated at any time.
- Covers concrete marks and oil stains.
- Easy to apply and keep clean.
- Reduces 'stone loss' from existing tarmac.
- Waterproofs and protects Tarmac/Asphalt driveways.
- Protects against oil, grease and dirt stains.
- Not a artifical looking tarmac 'paint'
- Resistant to algae and weed growth
The Smartseal Tarmac restorer is easy to apply for DIY or trade customers. It can be applied with a industrial roller kit or external paint DIY roller kit. For most applications (dependent on condition) two coats of tarmac restorer are recommended at a ratio of between 40-60sq metres per 20 litre drum.