Prompt delivery. Easy to apply, after waiting for a dry and mild spell of weather, sealer not at viscous as I expected, and easily applied by brush to the pavoir border surrounding vitreous tiles. It has really enriched the colour of the block paving, now definitely Charcoal, with a slight sheen, no longer dull grey. Very pleased so far, but early days, hopefully it will maintain this appearance long term.
The sealer is exactly what was described on the drum. Very easy to apply with the roller. No mess, no sweat. It brought my patio block paving back to life.
The polyurethane durable sealant went on easily (I followed the guidance on the helpful SmartSeal video). My only issue is that, contrary to the product description stating that the finish is matt, the appearance of my driveway after both first and second coats is that of a high high sheen/wet-look. I'm advised that the degree of sheen will lessen over time, but I remain sceptical. I note reference to "wet look" in at least one other review and therefore I do question the product description as, based on my driveway, it can be called anything but matt.
Block Paving Sealer Polyurethane (Commercial)
Ultra DURABLE Sealer - Oil, Fuel and Stain Resistant - Solidifies Jointing Sand (sample 5 & 23L). Highly durable sealer with superior resistance to oil stains and weed growth; leaves a Matt Finish; must be applied by roller; cannot be sprayed
Polyurethane Block Paving Sealer for Residential and Commercial applications
A very durable oil resistant block paving sealer for heavily trafficked areas
Smartseal Polyurethane based block paving sealer is a low viscosity prepolymer solvent based sealer primarily designed for commercial sealing of block paving. Application will solidify the jointing sand and create a long lasting, effective seal on the surface of concrete block paving.
**NOT TO BE USED ON CLAY PAVERS**
See Commercial Case Studies of where our formulation of polyurethane sealer has been used.
- Manufactured to BS5750 standards in the UK
- Colour Enhanced, Matt Finish
- Highly Stain Resistant; Chemical and Oil Resistant
- Average Coverage Ratios: 2 m²/litre first coat and 3.5 m²/litre second coat
- Apply second coat within four hours to ensure sealer 'keys' together correctly.
- Solidifies Jointing Sand
- UV Resistant:-Protects Blocks against Colour loss, but cannot be used in conjunction with Block Magic
- Will not peel off
- Not damaged by pressure washing
- Resistant to tyre marking
- Greatly reduces weed, moss and algae growth
- Reduces ant infestations
- Easy application
- Ensure paving is pressure washed to remove all surface debris and 'muck' from joints.
- Leave paving to dry for 3-4 clear & dry days.
- Once dry, before sealing. Push Kiln Dried Sand in between all joints on Paving.
- Apply 2 coats of Block Paving Sealer with either Roller or Sprayer (Apply two coats of sealer - applying the second coat within four hours of the first to ensure the coats 'key' together correctly.)
- Allow 24 hours for sealer to completely cure.
After correctly applying the sealer, expect to have between 7-10 years protection*. Sealer longevity will vary dependent on a number of factors such as: traffic (foot/vehicle), weather and general maintenance.
Q: Is this suitable to use with Tobermore block paving Shannon range ?
A: Yes, the Block Paving Sealer Polyurethane would be compatible to be used on Tobermore block paving.
Q: Can polyurethane be used on block paving but granite chips used instead of sand infill
A: Granite chips are generally used between the joints of permeable paving to allow water to drain away between the joints. Sealing the actual block paving (not trying to solidify the joints) at a ratio of approximately 4m2 per litre, will not adversely affect this. Hope that helps.
Q: I have ordered a sample from you. Just wondering how I clean brushes/ roller. Is it with water or turps?
A: The polyurethane resins are very strong and cannot be fully removed with any type of cleaning fluid. My advice would be after us, just leave the roller or brush to dry. When you want to use it again, immerse it in the sealer for a few minutes, it should then soften and you will be able to use it again. Hope that helps.
Urethane based block paving sealer is only to be used on precast concrete block pavers (traditional "block paving") and cannot be used on any other form of paver, brick, patio slab, natural stone or block pavers if they are finished with a top course of natural aggregate.
*NOT TO BE USED ON CLAY PAVERS*
*** If your Block Paving has been previously sealed - to ensure compatibility, please contact us here before ordering: https://www.smartseal.co.uk/help-advice/contact-us.htm
- Only apply sealer when the block paving is clean with jointing sand and paver totally dry with no rain forecast for at least 8 hours.
- Temperatures need to be above 10 degrees centigrade and below 23 degrees.
- Only apply if no efflorescence (surface salts) is visible
- Make sure pavers are thoroughly swept and that no jointing sand remains on the surface or high in the chamfers of the blocks. This could lead to unsightly sand becoming sealed onto the surface of the blocks
- Apply to borders with a paint brush or small roller.
- Application to main areas by roller or squeegee at ratios of 2sq metres per litre 1st coat and 3.5 sq metres per litre 2nd coat
Leave between 2-3 hours and no more than 4 hours between coats
- Avoid vehicular traffic for 24 hours and try to avoid walking on for around 3 hours after second coat
- Always wear a protective mask, goggles and gloves all all times
For further technical or application information please call Smartseal on 01268 722500
We provide a national delivery service for our block paving sealer, pattern imprinted concrete sealer, roof coatings and tarmac restorer on a standard 2 - 4 working day basis. Dependent on weight, this is normally done by pallet or parcel carrier.
If you need products delivered quicker, for a small additional charge, orders placed before 1.30pm can be delivered within 1 - 2 working days to most parts of the UK, although this is dependent on the courier service in your area and the product/s ordered. If you require this service, please check on area availability by calling 01268 722500.
Our commitment is to supply all orders as placed and we offer a comprehensive guarantee of quality. Providing a reliable delivery service to all our customers is most important to us and this is backed up by the many satisfied customer testimonials we have received over the years.
If you need an order delivered to a different address, left somewhere at your property without a signature or left with a neighbour, just let us know.
We also try to maintain 100% stocking levels of our products at all times, so an immediate despatch is virtually guaranteed.
Our product returns policy can be viewed by visiting our Terms and Conditions section.
*Free delivery on orders over Â£75 are subject to the delivery address location.