Natural Stone Impregnating sealer SOLVENT BASED - (Available in 1 & 5 Litre)
Ask Us A Question
Natural Stone Impregnator (SOLVENT BASED)
A fast drying stone impregnator and sealer for all types of natural stone floors and worktops
Smartseal's solvent based stone impregnator is a high quality protective sealer providing excellent protection from oil and water stains. It is suitable for use on most types of natural stone floors and worktops such as those made from slate, sandstone, granite, marble and limestone floors and worktops.
The unique advanced formulation of the solvent based stone impregnator means it can be applied by brush or roller to damp stone and grout straight after installation. This can save a lot of time and money and because of this is considered a superior stone sealer to most types of solvent based stone sealers on the market today.
The stone impregnator penetrates deeply into natural stone substrates and offers superior protection against oil and waterbased stains for polished porcelain and other natural stone surfaces. Oil and water will quickly penetrate into porous stone surfaces and leave stains once dry that can be challenging to remove. Sealing heavily used stone surfaces such as worktops or tiled floors, will give them vastly improved stain resistance to oil, grease, water and other contaminants such as red wine.
- SUITABLE FOR USE ON ALL TYPES OF GROUT, NATURAL STONE AND PORCELAIN TILES
- CAN BE APPLIED TO DAMP STONE AND GROUT
- EASY FAST METHOD OF APPLICATION SAVES TIME AND MONEY
- OFFERS IMPROVED STAIN RESISTANCE TO OIL & WATER
- LASTS UP TO 20 YEARS
The stone sealer is very effective at sealing tiles on stone floors and walls. It is also a superior sealer for sealing stone worktops.
If you require a solvent free sealer for natural stone floors and walls, use the solvent free Natural Stone Impregnator.
Please note prior to application of the stone impregnator, make sure the surface area is clean and dry first. For areas of heavy contamination and ingrained grime use the Heavy Duty Tile & Stone Cleaner. If the grouting needs cleaning use the Grout Cleaner to remove any dirt. To ensure the grout looks like new or if you want to change the grout colour, use Grout Magic.
1 Litre tins with childproof cap
5 Litre tins with childproof cap
Up to 30m² per litre but this will be dependent on the surface porosity. Ensure the effectiveness of the stone impregnator by carefully examining the surface of the floor or worktop being sealed after application.
For best results, a two coat application is always recommended.
Clean areas prior to application with Heavy Duty Tile & Stone Cleaner or for acid sensitive stone flooring use the pH Neutral Stone & Tile Cleaner. If any mould or mildew is present on the grouting, ensure the area is treated with the Mould & Mildew Remover.
1. On the first coat a liberal coat of the natural stone impregnator should be applied to the edges and the whole surface of the stone using a solvent resistant sprayer with Viton seals or a lint free cloth or paint brush. Make sure the stone impregnator is distrubuted evenly across the surface of the floor or worktop by wiping over the surface a few times. Take care to remove excess sealer with a dry lint free cloth that may have 'pooled' and not penetrated into the stone tile after 20-30 minutes.
2. The second coat should be applied approximately 30-45 minutes after the first coat. Repeat the same proces as on the first coat and remove any excess or 'puddled' sealer with a dry lint free cloth.
It can take up to 24 hours before the stone impregnator is fully cure and providing the best protection from stains etc. Until this period of time has elapsed make sure the surface of the floor tiles or worktop is free from water and any oil spills, as staining would be likely to occur.
Please Note: Any areas that are not being sealed should be masked off for protection. We advise that when using any coloured grouting compounds a stain test should be carried out before proceeding.
Clean treated areas with Smartseal pH Neutral Tile & Stone Cleaner. Avoid using any harsh or abrasive cleaning agents which can negatively impact and deteriorate the surface of the treated stone floor or worktop.
If the application instructions are adhered to, the Natural Stone Impregnator should last and be effective for up to 20 years. This may vary depending on the type of surface and the amount of surface wear it receives.